Omnichannel Retailer Forecasting and Replenishment System Implementation
Ensuring the successful implementation and adoption of a new global retail forecasting and replenishment system through project leadership, business process transformation, and organizational alignment
An established, global direct apparel and home décor retailer, operating catalog and digital channels as well as company-owned brick-and-mortar locations.
Because the client was operating across numerous direct channels, several physical locations, and multiple new marketplaces, the ability to efficiently generate science-based, demand-driven, SKU-level forecasts as well as determine long range replenishment plans was severely limited. Developing a “global” view of demand was hampered by existing business unit silos and excess manual effort. Further, many forecasting and replenishment tasks utilized spreadsheets or home-grown applications that were outdated and difficult to maintain.
The Parker Avery Solution
Leveraging deep knowledge of the client’s existing processes and organization, as well as retail leading practices, Parker Avery partnered with the client in designing new processes and implementing a new cloud-based forecasting and replenishment solution that would support desired business capabilities, as well as long-term business and IT goals for an integrated planning infrastructure. The Parker Avery team:
- Provided overall project management throughout the initiative
- Led solution requirement validation sessions, critical topic “deep dives,” and overall prioritization
- Partnered with client and software provider to define technical and integration requirements
- Provided subject matter expertise for demand forecasting results, algorithm tuning, and replenishment parameters
- Led change management, efforts, including training curriculum, communication strategy, user adoption, and sustainment plans
- Partnered with software vendor in developing e-learning training and support
- Provided organizational design leadership to support the new solution
- Reviewed, influenced, and drove testing, training, and cutover action plans
The client successfully implemented the new solution on time and under budget. Further, the company’s newly created integrated global forecasting and replenishment organization and business process capabilities are positioned to fully support current omnichannel inventory management initiatives as well as future business growth opportunities.
Contact Parker Avery