Our vision is to be a leading provider of strategy, business and technology services to businesses that want to improve profitability and return on assets. We believe having a point of view and vision for the industry makes this possible. We document our Points of View, Case Studies, Webcasts and Research to spark a discussion and trigger innovation in our customers and market. Send us your comments or your own Point of View that you would like to share.
- New Roles for Retail - Managing Store Labor in a Changing World With the physical store remaining a highly relevant channel – despite the increasing growth in digital channels – careful attention to how store personnel is recruited, hired, developed, measured and rewarded is absolutely critical to retail success. We examine how retailers are making modifications in how they manage all aspects of their store labor to address a dynamically changing retail world
- Channel Integration in the Store We assess the impact of channel integration (omnichannel strategies) on retail store operations. This research uniquely focuses on how the integration of multiple channels is fundamentally changing store roles and responsibilities, staff scheduling, training, processes, policies, layout and even future store designs and plans.
- The Big Deal About Big Data With increasing and overwhelming amounts of data from multiple channels and sources, combined with the urgency to create competitive strategies using this data, the results of this research should help you think about how to use Big Data to connect with your customers, drive margins and top line sales, as well as develop an understanding of the impact Big Data may have on your organization.
- International Retailing Study - Going 'Glocal' Learn where retailers are in their global expansion strategy and how merchandising, supply chain and operations fit into the overall strategy. What are the external and organizational challenges faced by retailers? How can retailers leverage their existing capabilities and processes? What are the short- and long-term opportunities in the marketplace?
- Synchronizing Marketing and IT in the Era of Omni-Channel Retailing Marketing departments are taking on bigger roles, using direct connections with empowered shoppers to build customer engagement. But retailers need to improve marketing/IT synchronization to maximize marketing's capabilities in the omni-channel retail enterprise.
- Retail Merchandising and Marketing Alignment Study Learn how retailers are approaching localization, social media and mobile commerce, as Merchandising and Marketing organizational structures and processes rapidly evolve.
- Cross-Channel Tech Trends Study Learn where retailers are investing cross-channel dollars today and in 2011.
- Getting Back to Good: Pricing Learn how the best retailers are continuing their emphasis on pricing capabilities as a key to their top-line recovery in 2010.
- > The Price is Right: Strategies for Omnichannel Pricing Today's omnichannel shoppers want convenience and transparency to products, pricing and availability – online, in store and mobile. To keep in step with the "now' consumers, retail leaders need to consider the trade-offs between profits and customer value. The Parker Avery Group will outline the pros and cons of single price and differentiated pricing strategies for multi-channel and omnichannel retailers. This lively discussion will help retailers to understand when they should choose price discrimination and when they should not.
- > Out of the Box Implementation - Proceed with Caution Key decisions that must be considered to ensure the successful implementation of an "out-of-the-box" supply chain management software solution
- > Change Management Understanding the Essential Value of Organizational Change Management
- > Linking Product Development to the Customer Innovative tactics to link the customer to the product development process.
- > Mobile Retail Seven tenets retailers can adopt to deliver a unique and valuable mobile channel.
- > Group Buying Recommendations for getting started with Groupon and other group buying companies.
- > Replenishment Process Tune-Up Retail Allocation and Replenishment Optimization challenges, recommendations and strategies.
- > Approaches to SKU Rationalization Best practices regarding the SKU rationalization process and SKU proliferation challenges retailers face today.
- > Merchandising Innovation: Measuring & Managing Big Ideas Recommendations for the development and implementation of merchandising ideas that ensure fresh assortments and drive comp sales.
- > Planning, Allocation and Replenishment Innovation Innovative practices for inventory management including merchandise financial & assortment planning, allocation and replenishment.
Program management and project support for a merchandising system transformation, encompassing merchandise planning, replenishment and markdown systems.
Integrated Supply Chain Implementation
Definition of supply chain strategy and processes to support international expansion, consolidate buying power and enable efficiencies.
Item Master Assessment
Assessment and implementation of an item master system to enhance integration, reporting capabilities and data integrity.
Retail Inventory Efficiency Roadmap
In-depth assessment of retail store and corporate processes and development of a multi-year roadmap to support operating efficiencies and growth objectives.
- Capability Identification and Technology Roadmap
Identification of best-practice process and solution improvements and development of a phased deployment roadmap to support enhanced product design and development capabilities.
- Pricing Capabilities Assessment and Roadmap
In-depth evaluation of current pricing practices and systems and definition of future capabilities, including prioritization and planning of strategic, price management-focused initiatives.
- Store Number Expansion
Facilitating the system development and enhancements necessary for migration to a new store numbering schematic to support future retail site growth.
- Business Plan Development
Assessment of strategic factors and creation of a comprehensive business plan to illustrate the validity of a retail business model.
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) System Selection
Selection of a PLM solution to solve critical issues in Product Development and Sourcing processes, enable collaboration, improve data integrity and reduce costs.
- Integrated Planning Strategy and Package Selection
Selection of a solution and recommendations for a new integrated planning model and organizational plan to support aggressive international growth plans.
- Order Management System Selection and Strategy
Assessment and selection of an Order Management System to enable future growth, with definition of the supporting business case and implementation strategy.
- PLM System
Evaluation and Selection
Comprehensive set of activities to document requirements, evaluate vendors and select a Product Lifecycle Management solution.
- Change Management Program
Development of a comprehensive Change Management program to ensure successful end-user adoption of a PLM solution implementation.
Improving product fulfillment capabilities by assessing system alignment and identifying improvement opportunities to drive margin, reduce inventory costs and improve retail service levels.
- Organizational Design Training Delivery
Development of comprehensive, detailed training plans, curriculum and materials to support a major redesign of the client's merchandising, planning and inventory organization.
and WIP Tracking
Comprehensive project management, change management, implementation and post-implementation support for a client's new centralized pre-production and production tracking system.
- User Acceptance Testing
Leading User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure a successful business intelligence solution implementation.
- Sourcing Application Implementation
Selecting and implementing a costing solution to align with organizational workflow and existing product design applications.
- Software Strategy and Selection
Selection of a multi-channel merchandise planning and allocation solution to drive sales and gross profit growth.
- Store Inventory Management Assessment
Identifying areas of maximum opportunity related to the handling and merchandising of products in physical stores.
Improving margin by establishing better markdown management through rule-based framework, training and reporting.
- Retail Pricing Initiative
Defining pricing capabilities and solution choices, including markdown optimization technologies and processes to improve accuracy, localization and margin.
- PLM System
Design and Implementation
Enhancing global supply chain responsiveness and performance processes that support future business model and roll-out of new software solution.
- Supply Chain
Streamlining product development business processes and aligning the organizational responsibilities of a private label.
- Commodities Strategy and Management
Development of commodities management capabilities in a large general merchandise retailer in order to drive down product costs.
- Inventory Service Levels and Exceptions
Detailed evaluation of inventory management processes and systems that dramatically improved the retailer's inventory position.
- Multi-Channel Planning Strategy
Articulation of a global, multi-channel planning strategy including innovative processes and a four-year roadmap for implementation.
Legacy System Replacement Assessment
Comprehensive assessment of a strategic ERP replacement initiative to ensure alignment with operational objectives and strategies.
and Risk Audit
Deep dive assessment of a strategic core merchandising system implementation to ensure a successful project outcome.
Comprehensive support for the implementation of a new price optimization solution to support strategic zone pricing capabilities.
Multi-phased Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution implementation spanning multiple brands and focused on Change Management and Business Solution Delivery workstreams.
In-depth assessment of store processes, focusing on merchandising and inventory management, to drive labor efficiencies and improve competitive positioning.
Store Operations Improvements and Organizational Alignment
Assessment of existing store operations, warehousing and merchandising activities and creation of new standard operating procedures, as well as aligning the organization to support continued growth.
Merchandising Training Program
Designing and delivering a comprehensive merchandising training program to enhance merchandising team capabilities and support strategic initiatives.
Order Management System Design
Refining an OMS design and implementation strategy to enable simplification and efficiencies while supporting strategic business objectives.
- Comparable Store Sales Improvement
Assessment and identification of store level improvement opportunities to drive growth and consistency in comparable store sales performance.
- Promotional Capabilities Assessment
Assessing a client's existing promotional capabilities and organization, and developing a prioritized roadmap to improve promotional planning and execution.
- PLM System Vendor Evaluation
Identifying a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system that enables the conception, design, development, sourcing, production and delivery of private label product.
- Training Design, Development & Delivery
Development and delivery of comprehensive, detailed training plans, curriculum and materials to support the client's newly designed merchandising organization and processes.
- Price Optimization System Selection
Defining future regular and markdown pricing processes and guiding the selection of price optimization software in a multi-channel environment, with the objectives of improving margin, increasing efficiencies and improving customer satisfaction.
- Change Management Stakeholder Analysis
Assessing an organization's readiness for change and uncovering anticipated organizational challenges to ensure the delivery of desired business benefits of an Order Management system implementation.
- Store Operations Process Assessment
Assessment of in-store labor activities focused on inventory management, merchandising and customer service to simplify and streamline processes while optimizing the labor budget.
Development of comprehensive, detailed training plans, curriculum and materials to support implementation of new Merch Financial Planning processes and system.
Defining the Assortment Planning Process best suited to future organizational structure.
- Organizational Model Transformation
Redefining merchandising processes, roles, responsibilities & reporting structures to support domestic and international channels and banners.
- Systems Implementation Roadmap
Conducting a detailed gap analysis of current systems to identify short- and long-term opportunities for improvement.
- Supply Chain Systems Assessment
Defining future supply chain systems and application architecture needed to support current and emerging business strategies.
Deployment of a Merchandise Financial Planning solution utilizing an agile methodology, including software configuration, integration and testing.
Sourcing strategy to improve quality, design and execution of new products to market, including the roll-out of integrated customer insight tool.
- Strategy, Process Design, Roadmap
and Technology Selection
Evaluation and selection of technology solutions to enable the retailer to enhance antiquated processes and systems to support a complex business model.
- Integrated Merchandise
A roadmap and plan for the build out of an integrated planning organization, improved business process and integrated planning solutions.
- Merchandising Transformation
Wholesale reorganization and re-training of a retail merchandising and planning organization based on cutting edge merchandising practices.
- Optimizing the Private Label
Development of a retail private label management organization from the ground up including brand management, product development and strategy.
If you'd like to learn more about our vision or understand how you might take advantage of these strategies, contact us at email@example.com or call 770.882.2205