Training Design, Development & Delivery
Development and delivery of comprehensive, detailed training plans, curriculum and materials to support the client's newly designed merchandising organization and processes.
A $7+ billion discount variety retailer with multi-banner, multi-channel and multi-format operations in both the United States and Canada.
The client had recently partnered with The Parker Avery Group to transform their merchandising processes, roles and responsibilities, and reporting structures to support their growth trajectory towards $10+ billion in sales. The client recognized some gaps in their existing training programs and needed a structured and comprehensive training program to effectively roll out these changes.
The Parker Avery Solution
Parker Avery worked closely with the client to guide the organization through this transformation. Key activities included the following:
• Established a Program Management Office to oversee 9 different parallel workstreams
• Developed a comprehensive communication plan
• Defined the training curriculum outlining courses offered and required vs. optional attendees
• Developed instructional design documents, detailed training content and facilitator guides
• Developed a master business user guide summarizing all roles and responsibilities, the merchandising team calendar & meeting templates
• Defined training phases and timing to align with key business milestones and activities
• Defined the training schedule and logistics for 250+ unique sessions
• Conducted instructor-led training for 9 category team roles and 11 teams to foster interaction
• Facilitated post-training role roundtable sessions and team stand-up meetings
• Conducted and assessed a post-training survey to capture participant feedback
As a result of the training program, the client was able to successfully transition more than 200 associates into their new roles and shift from a functionally siloed structure into a matrixed organization with more than 20 cross-functional category teams. The participants' feedback was highly positive and enabled the client to identify enhancements to continuous training efforts.