Supply Chain Systems Assessment
Defining future supply chain systems and application architecture needed to support current and emerging business strategies
A $2+ billion wholesaler and retailer of children's apparel and accessories.
- Define the future supply chain systems and application architecture needed to support current and emerging business strategies, such as:
• A rapidly expanding retail arm of a historically wholesale dominated business
• A nascent e-commerce channel with outsourced 3PL fulfillment but potential to bring in-house
• An extensive base of domestic licensees
• A budding international business with opportunity for growth through partnerships, franchisees, etc.
• A broadly diversified supplier base with expanding needs for collaboration
• An increasingly complex global distribution network (DCs and 3PLs)
- Identify systems that can not only manage these increasingly complex requirements but also optimize the supply chain for cost effective fulfillment.
- Provide direction on the sequencing of initiatives required to address current systems shortcomings.
The Parker Avery Solution
The Parker Avery Group assessed the client's supply chain systems utilized for Planning, Product Development, Sourcing, Order Management, Logistics and Distribution. Key activities included the following:
- Benchmarking and evaluation of systems & processes
- Identification of systems landscape options
- Validation of potential solution providers
- Business case for acquisition of new systems
- Definition of a prioritized roadmap and action plan
The client exited the project with a clear vision of how to rationalize their existing systems portfolio and develop a more integrated application architecture. They immediately began to execute against the roadmap, selecting and implementing new systems to provide improved functionality and streamlined processes while simultaneously reducing maintenance requirements.