Strategy, Process Design, Roadmap and Technology Selection
Evaluation and selection of technology solutions to enable the retailer to enhance antiquated processes and systems to support a complex business model
A $2b+ specialty apparel retailer with retail, wholesale, direct and international businesses.
• Complex multi-channel merchandising, sourcing, planning and inventory business model
• Rapidly expanding international business
• Antiquated processes and systems
• Inefficient planning, pricing, sourcing, buying and inventory management practices; no integrated calendar or process
• Separate retail, direct and internet businesses
The Parker Avery Solution
The Parker Avery Group assisted the executives in defining the strategy, developing processes and outlining a detailed action plan. The scope included evaluating and selecting a suite of technology solutions to enable the strategy.
Parker Avery key activities included,
• Definition of integrated processes – all channels
• Outline roles and responsibilities to support new processes; level 2
• Review of solution landscape and short list of vendors
• Development of technical requirements
• Evaluation and selection of software provider(s)
• Definition of detailed roadmap and action plan
• Development of detailed business case with timing, resources, costs and benefits; benchmarked
The client initiated work on multiple initiatives at the conclusion of the project.
As a result of the project, the client conservatively expects to realize,
• Between 200-600 bps in margin; varies by channel
• .75 improvement in turn
• .5% transition of product from markdown to regular price
• A one time reduction of approximately $90m in inventory