Sourcing strategy to improve quality, design and execution of new products to market, including the roll-out of integrated customer insight tool
A $350b+ retail business with multiple channels. More than 3,500 stores domestically.
- $15b+ growing private brands business with limited resources
- Looking to improve pipeline, product specification, sourcing, testing and management processes
- Desire to integrate customer insights into product development process
- Targeted reduction of $700m in supply chain costs
The Parker Avery Solution
The Parker Avery Group worked collaboratively with a small team of internal SMEs to define the future business processes, organizational model, roles, timing and tools. The scope included developing a detailed sourcing strategy to improve quality, design and execution of new products to market.
An integrated initiative also defined the process and tools to capture customer insights across channels and seed product design and quality.
Parker Avery key activities included,
- Definition of future processes; swim lane level
- Outline of organization roles and responsibilities
- Development of roadmap and change management plan
- Design and roll-out of integrated private brands and merchandising calendar
- Definition of sourcing optimization process
- Design and roll-out of integrated customer insight process and tool
The project was identified as one of the client's most successful and meaningful projects of the calendar year. The client's executive sponsor received special recognition for the value created.
As a result of the project, the client has experienced a several hundred million dollar reduction in supply chain costs and an improvement in private brands quality.