Sourcing Application Implementation
Selecting and implementing a costing solution to align with organizational workflow and existing product design applications.
The largest branded provider of baby and children's clothing in the United States, marketing apparel under two of the most recognized and enduring brands in the nation.
The wholesaler/retailer currently negotiates the cost of goods with agents and factories using various Excel spreadsheets, with iterations exchanged via email. There is significant manual work required each season to consolidate the various offers received. Once a final cost is reached with a factory, the sourcing team must manually prepare the data to pass to their margin management and purchasing tools.
The Parker Avery Solution
The company already owned licenses for a costing module within an existing supply chain application, and set out to take advantage of the functionality. However, after exploring the existing functionality, numerous gaps were identified, modifications would be costly in both time and money, and the business users were unhappy with the cumbersome work-arounds identified.
Enter The Parker Avery Group domain and application experience:
• Another costing solution was quickly identified that met the business requirements, allowing the users to manage their work in a logical flow.
• The new solution was brought in, configured, and integrated with upstream product design applications.
• The solution was rolled out to the originally planned pilot group of users in 3 months for less than the cost of additional licenses and modifications required for the existing supply chain application.
– As a result of the implemented costing solution, management now has in-season visibility to sourcing margins and planned commitments.
– Standardized reporting is also now available without hours of reformatting and uploading various Excel spreadsheets each season.