Pre-Production and WIP Tracking
Comprehensive project management, change management, implementation and post- implementation support for a client's new centralized pre-production and production tracking system.
A $4 billion, specialty retailer and wholesaler of private label children's clothing, footwear and accessories.
The client managed their Purchase Order Work-in-Process Tracking (aka Production Tracking) in various, manually created and updated Excel spreadsheets that were distributed by their agents and vendors, for each strategic business unit. A pilot program was attempted to minimize much of the manual effort required to manage these spreadsheets, but it did not eliminate the numerous inherent errors.
The client recognized the increasing need for a centralized, enterprise pre-production and production tracking system, and identified a solution that would have a similar look and feel to the familiar spreadsheets, but without many of the issues.
The Parker Avery Solution
The Parker Avery Group provided project management, change management and implementation support for the client's pre-production and production tracking project through the following activities:
- Defined the future pre-production and production tracking business processes and requirements
- Validated the processes and requirements with the business
- Designed solution functionality in conjunction with the client and vendor resources
- Oversaw the configuration and development of the solution
- Assisted with system integration and user acceptance testing activities
- Assisted with the development of training materials and training delivery
Deployment and Post-Implementation Support
- Provided post-production support until the solution was stabilized and transitioned to the client's Help Desk
As a result of the project, the client is able to track requests, comments, attachments and approvals in a common repository for all samples, submits and production milestones using a mass-entry user interface. The additional visibility to the in-process items allows the client to have a clearer picture of both the status of individual styles and a season across all brands at any point in the development or production lifecycle.