PLM System Implementation
Multi-phased Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution implementation spanning multiple brands and focused on Change Management and Business Solution Delivery workstreams
A $4.5+ billion specialty retailer of home textiles, furnishings and decor in the U.S., Canada, U.K. and Australia.
After selecting a PLM solution (with Parker Avery's assistance), the client recognized that they did not have the expertise in-house required for a successful implementation.
The company needed support for the multi-phased solution implementation that would span multiple brands and categories.
The Parker Avery Solution
The Parker Avery Group used a four track, five phase approach for each release. Parker Avery was involved in all aspects of the project, but held primary responsibility for Change Management and Business Solution Delivery.
Change Management key activities:
• Performed stakeholder analysis and developed overall change management strategy
• Developed and executed communication strategy and plan
• Developed training strategy and plan, aligning courses and training schedules by role
• Prepared role-based training materials and facilitator guides
• Delivered role-based training and provided end-user support
Business Solution Delivery key activities:
• Performed gap analysis of current processes vs. leading practices and identified improvement opportunities
• Developed detailed future processes and captured functional requirements
• Worked with Quality Assurance (QA) and Training teams to ensure future business processes were accurately reflected in testing and training
• Developed test plan and scripts; led user acceptance testing
• Created Production cutover plan and assisted with transition
After completing several seasons using the new PLM system, the client has seen improvements in operational performance (on time milestone completion), which has led to improved PO delivery and better margins.