PLM System Evaluation and Selection
Comprehensive set of activities to document requirements, evaluate vendors and select a Product Lifecycle Management solution.
A $3.5+ billion specialty retailer of home furnishings in the United States and Canada.
The client struggled with managing their private label product. Specifically, their existing environment:
• Had minimal or no workflow, task management and measurement or visibility to calendar adherence
• Was built on disjointed foundational product structure
• Did not fully support product development, sourcing and production data integrity, management or visibility
• Needed to support a common repository of pre-production information for internal and external users
• Did not integrate historic and projected costs into the design process
• Did not facilitate management of sourcing capacity and materials consumption by geographical region or vendor
• Did not facilitate direct development and design collaboration with agents or vendors
• Had no logistics tracking
The Parker Avery Solution
The Parker Avery Group led the client through the system selection process by performing the following activities:
• Vetted potential software providers
• Issued and evaluated RFI responses to narrow the field
• Documented client-specific system requirements
• Organized on-site software demonstrations and drafted a detailed demonstration script
• Evaluated PLM solutions for business fit
• Conducted reference calls with software provider's customers
• Developed a multi-faceted scoring system and reviewed findings with stakeholders
• Provided a high-level implementation plan
After completing the evaluation process, the client was able to select the vendor with the best potential to meet their comprehensive requirements. After selection their solution, the client immediately engaged The Parker Avery Group for the solution design \ implementation phases and well as the project's Change Management workstream.