Integrated Planning Strategy and Package Selection
Selection of a solution and recommendations for a new integrated planning model and organizational plan to support aggressive international growth plans
A $1.4+ billion designer and multi-channel retailer of upscale, technical athletic apparel for women, girls and men, operating globally
The client's existing planning processes and systems were primarily a myriad of older technology and spreadsheets that provided only a subset of the integrated capabilities the client needed to support their international expansion plans and company growth going forward.
The client needed to design a planning model that would best support their global strategy.
Client leadership also recognized the need to select a solution that would enable this model and support their growth plans.
The Parker Avery Solution
In partnership with client leaders, the Parker Avery Group undertook the following activities:
• Identified and assessed software
vendors to be included in
preliminary demonstrations and then
down-selected vendors to a short
list based on the results of this initial
• Documented detailed business requirements and business scenarios that were key components in the RFP and vendor demonstrations
• Assisted in developing the comprehensive RFP
• Supported the client throughout the RFP and vendor demonstration processes by facilitating demos, identifying and capturing key evaluation criteria, fielding vendor questions and performing vendor reference checks
• Assessed factors supporting key operating model decisions for global vs. regional integrated planning and helped the client determine the most appropriate model
• Designed a high level organizational plan to support the client's desired integrated planning business model
With Parker Avery's help, the client successfully selected the vendor solution that would best support their desired planning model and strategic growth plans.
The client is now solidly positioned to move forward both organizationally and systemically. They are commencing the solution implementation and starting to migrate their organization to the new integrated planning operating model.