Core Support Systems Package Selection
Evaluation of Finance and Human Capital Management solutions and implementation planning to support strategic legacy modernization initiatives
A regionally focused North American retailer, operating nearly 600 stores with three distinctive retail store formats, as well as a growing eCommerce channel.
After working with Parker Avery to develop a legacy system modernization roadmap, the retailer was moving forward with evaluating solutions to replace aging AS400-based Finance and Human Capital Management (HCM) systems.
Due to the very lean nature of the company's support organization, they did not have the bandwidth to conduct a thorough analysis of viable Finance and HCM vendors and solutions.
Further, two key considerations included solutions available and proven in a cloud environment, as well as vendors who offered integrated Core Merchandising solutions for future implementation.
The Parker Avery Solution
Working closely with the client, Parker Avery leveraged knowledge of leading core support systems, provided retail subject matter expertise and project management support to thoroughly review and evaluate five vendors identified on the client's short list. Key evaluation criteria included:
• Functional fit to desired future state
• Alignment with client's technical architecture direction
• Total cost of ownership (TCO)
Parker Avery performed the following activities:
• Conducted requirements-gathering work sessions and validated requirements with the business
• Conducted key stakeholder interviews
• Developed a comprehensive Request for Information (RFI) and distributed to the short-listed vendors
• Acted as client / vendor liaison
• Assessed vendor RFI responses
• Developed detailed demonstration scripts and facilitated three-day demonstrations for vendor finalists
• Assessed demo outcomes, using the client's prioritization of requirements
• Facilitated vendor customer reference calls and TCO analysis
• Developed a high-level change management strategy
• Outlined a phased implementation plan
Based on the comprehensive evaluation scoring and TCO analysis, client executives confirmed approval to move forward with the first phase of the legacy modernization implementation, which had been in discussion for several years prior to this selection project.
Parker Avery assisted with the transition from solution selection into deployment preparation, including finalizing budget, securing internal resources and developing the initial program plan.