Core Merchandising and Finance Solution Selection
Solution evaluation and selection to support industry leading business processes and enable a consistent real-time, global view of inventory
A privately owned retailer and wholesaler of footwear and accessories, operating over 2,000 stores around the world.
The client had three separate highly customized software solutions handling their retail, wholesale, and franchise businesses.
As part of the selection process, the client wanted an unbiased consulting partner to identify business process requirements and improvements, as well as help them find a best-in-class software solution to combine their different business processes into one system with a common view of their global inventory.
The Parker Avery Solution
The Parker Avery Group is vendor-neutral during software assessment projects and believes that the client is the final deciding entity in the selection process. In order to achieve this neutrality, Parker Avery guided the client through the multiple phases of the selection process by providing a proven approach and tools that helped them determine the best solution for their business.
Parker Avery's key tasks during this project included:
• Discovering current business processes and defining future state requirements based on industry best practices
• Researching applicable software solutions and planning the software selection strategy
• Creating demo scripts and scoring mechanisms to allow the client to rate vendors using common criteria
• Tabulating demo scoring results and presenting strengths and weaknesses for the software solutions
• Defining the business case and implementation roadmap to support the selected software provider
As a result of the project, the client selected a suitable software solution, which will handle all channels of their business in a common repository, allowing real-time visibility to data for all the client's users.
After completing the selection process and reviewing the business case and roadmap, the client decided to enlist Parker Avery's assistance and proceed to the implementation phase of the project with the selected software provider.