Capability Identification and Technology Roadmap
Identification of best-practice process and solution improvements and development of a phased deployment roadmap to support enhanced product design and development capabilities.
An $11+ billion multi-channel specialty retailer of high-quality apparel, accessories and beauty products.
Current capabilities to support product design and development activities of the various brands and product categories lagged behind industry peers. Technology solutions were underutilized and requested improvements were often tactical and not aligned with key strategic business initiatives.
Additionally, in conjunction with the business and IT leadership, the company desired the development of a 2-year capability roadmap that took into account prioritized business needs, return on investment objectives and the organization's ability to absorb change.
The Parker Avery Solution
The Parker Avery Group reviewed the current list of requested capability enhancements, conducted best practice solution design sessions, collaborated with the client to prioritize desired capabilities, assessed the organizational impact of proposed and current initiatives, conducted a detailed cost estimate and benefits case, and developed a time-phased deployment roadmap balancing desired improvements, benefits realization / ROI and the organizational change impact.
Parker Avery provided the following key deliverables:
• Best-practice process and solution improvements
• Cost / benefit analysis for implementing the improvements
• Prioritized solution capability enhancements
• Phased deployment roadmap addressing short-term (3 months), mid-term (6–9 months) and long-term (12–24 months) deliveries
• Communication and socialization decks to "sell" the initiative within the organization
Key capabilities the client will receive upon deployment of the roadmap include:
• Improved raw material development usability
• Raw material sample management and tracking
• Finished goods sample management and tracking
• Calendar management and workflow
The client recently deployed the first capability release on time and on-budget, is mobilizing for the second capability release and expects to reap the benefits identified in the return on investment documentation.