Business Plan Development
Assessment of strategic factors and creation of a comprehensive business plan to illustrate the validity of a retail business model.
A US-made women's lifestyle brand with a seaside influence with plans to launch wholesale and eCommerce distribution channels in the United States.
The brand's capital investor questioned the viability of producing the product in the United States for the following reasons:
– Perceived lack of a skilled labor force
– Potential federal / state minimum wage increase
– Legitimacy of claiming "Made in the USA" due to legal complexities
The client needed a solid business plan to illustrate the validity of the business model.
The Parker Avery Solution
The Parker Avery Group worked closely with the client to construct a comprehensive business plan to support its USA-made product strategy. The work effort included the following key activities:
• Determined target product price points
• Developed list of key competitors
• Identified target consumer and target market
• Reviewed key product development decisions, including legal implications
• Determined strategy for retailer prospect list
• Identified labor and wage requirements, processes and technology required for the business
• Established financial requirements for the business
Parker Avery's deliverables included:
• Executive Summary
• Market Analysis Summary
• Company Summary
• Management Summary
• Financial Plan
The client is fully prepared to present the business plan to the investor, and the brand is expected to launch within nine months. Due to Parker Avery's analysis, the client recognizes that as the brand grows, it is likely that production outside the United States will be necessary to ensure long-term profitability.